22 07 2009
How do I remove the “Activation Required” or MSL Password after I unlock my Telus Storm?
These days, I’ve been getting several recurring questions related to unlocking or unlock codes. I thought that my blog would be the best way to help others answer these questions. Today’s question of the day is from an Ottawa resident.
Q: just wanted to thank you for the unlock code, but i have one more questions. Do you guys have a service to provide the MSL passwords? I need to remove the activation required and change the “my number” to my actual number…any help would be great – s.b.
A: I have found some sites out there that try to charge you for an MSL password, but it is indeed free. First, I want to say…”Google is your best friend”. I did a little research and came across the answer on one of my favorite forums – Crackberry Forums.
Hannelas Nicolas provided the following information in a thread….
“Telus Storms have each different codes. Thus ##000000 will not work.
Here are the procedure you will need to do to eliminate Activation Required.
Obtain these two programs:
1. Install your blackberry desktop manager and plug in your storm.
2. Run desktop manager
3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA
4. Select “Qualcomm” under the mode drop menu
5. Click setup and change the port to com4
6. Click read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information
7. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.
8. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.
9. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.
10. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send
11. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.
12. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.”
Note: You must have the original OS from Telus installed.
Thank you for the useful information! You’ve helped a ton of people . Big ups to you!